At MECS we think it’s important that you make a great first impression when trying to get your property off the market. So we have come up with a set of tips to help you achieve the best price possible.
- CLEAN: It seems an obvious point, but a clean house will have far more appeal than a dirty one! A bit of elbow grease will go a long long way.
- KITCHEN KEY: often the focal point of every home, it’s important to make sure your kitchen is clean, fresh and functional
- DE-CLUTTER: Spend a little time making sure you put clutter away and arrange your furniture to maximise space
- DO BASIC REPAIRS: Sorting out those little jobs’ that you’ve meant to do for ages will really lift your property. A lick of paint won’t do any harm either
- KEEP PETS UNDER CONTROL: You may love your pet but some people aren’t fans of our furry friends. Keep them out of the way and try and mask any smells if possible
- KERB APPEAL: A potential buyer’s first impression will be when they pull up outside your house. Cut the lawn, trim the hedge and tidy any clutter away
- THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS: A lovely scented candle or a bowl of potpourri will create a beautiful ambience to your home
- KNOW YOUR LOCAL AREA: Be prepared for questions about your area. It’s useful to know about the schools, bus routes, shops and Post Offices etc.
- HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY: Try and answer any questions as honestly as possible. It can save a lot of trouble in the long run
- GIVE THEM SPACE: Don’t crowd potential buyers! Give them time to wander freely by themselves to get a feel of the property without any pressure
"MECS are a very professional letting agency and I will defintely be recommending them to other people, they provide and excellent service and are very helpful, A dramatic improvement compared with previous estate agencies."